Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thing 13 - Online Productivity Tools

I have used iGoogle before and think it can be quite useful, although there is something strangely comforting about "Classic Google". I have added widgets to my iGoogle, so I feel comfortable with that. The other sites on this Thing were new to me and fun to explore. I signed up with Remember the Milk. Adding it to iGoogle made it more useful. I think the Zoho projects and Basecamp look like great ways for a group to work on a project. Better than a wiki? Basecamp seemed a bit expensive to me, though.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Yeah, Basecamp is a bit expencive. I found a cheaper solution. It does have diverse feature set and different payment plans, but if you work in a small team 1 or 2 user accounts can be enough. It will cost you about $4 per user per month. The cool thing is that you can collaborate with more that 2 people. All the other people, you invite will have free accounts. These are limited to 20 tasks, but it may be quite enough.
I find it a great and cheap way to work in a small group.